Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snowflake Sugar Cookies



This past December, my friend Michelle and I wanted to make some baked gifts for people. After throwing out some lofty ideas, we settled on making snowflake sugar cookies. We designated a day to do it and began buying ingredients. I was very happy with the outcome, and it was fun hanging out at the same time. But it took over eight hours to make 76 cookies! I think part of this was because we used a Martha Stewart recipe. They are usually more involved than others. And I didn't realize or remember this, but sugar cookie dough needs time to refrigerate. The decorating was surprisingly fast. We spent most of our time working with the dough. Refrigerating, rolling, cutting, re-refrigerating, baking and cooling. The next time I make sugar cookies, I will make the dough a day ahead. And since we also wanted to make our own pretty packaging, the next time we do baked gifts, we will reserve two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment