Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cupcake Pedestals




So, right now cupcakes are popular. Cupcake wedding cakes are in, little cupcake shops are popping up more and more, and Martha Stewart has even devoted a whole cookbook to those yummy little pieces of cake. They're pretty in different shades of butter cream or other rich frostings. They are in reasonable portion sizes, they come in many wonderful flavors, and they're portable. Etc., etc. There are so many reasons that we love cupcakes.

So many in fact, that these little cakes have their very own pedestals. Yep, that's what they're called. They're not the tiered cupcake stands or trees. They are miniature, footed cake stands. Some complete with their own domed covers. The tiered cupcake stands have been around for awhile, but an individual pedestal, that was new to me. What a cute and novel idea! When I first saw one in person, I knew I had to have one. Yes, I am a compulsive shopper. Fortunately/unfortunately, my voice of reason was with me, (Brian), so I didn't get it. But it got me thinking about what is really pedestal worthy.

Certainly an exceptional food deserves recognition. There are awards given in different categories for such things. Though I know little about this. So, I guess what I really care about here goes beyond food. It goes perhaps to the thoughts/intentions behind it. To the people who make meals or dishes to serve others. Those who prepare a special meal to show their love, compassion, or appreciation. To share kindness, fellowship, and/or concern. To those people, I toast you. And though there is no pedestal big enough for you to stand, I hope somewhere in your future, there will be a little one, perhaps with a cupcake on it, just for you.

The pictures came from these sites in order:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41110027
http://totallytabletops.blogspot.com/2008/08/cupcake-pedestal.html
http://www.rosannainc.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=rosanna&Category_Code=134

No comments:

Post a Comment