Saturday, February 27, 2010

Past Adventures


It was over two years ago that I took my first solo steps into baking. Here are some of the sweets that I started out with.

Madeleines
One of the first recipes I tried. They are simple to make, but generally a crowd pleaser. The shell shape makes these cookies extra special, and if you like sweet, buttery cookies with a hint of lemon, this is for you. Special equipment needed is just the madeleine pans and a zester/fine grater. I would suggest investing in the silicone pans, especially if you're making several batches. They release the cookies easier and allow you to start the next batch sooner. Also, I would shop around and compare the shapes of the madeleine molds in different pans. Do this until you find the one just for you. I started out with two different pans and realized, one turned out much nicer looking cookies. I bought a duplicate of the nice pan and gave the other away.

Well, I hope this post was helpful. And one last tip: if you make these cookies, be sure to make plenty, they go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment